Pagina's

zondag 29 januari 2023

Gedichtenweek

 Van 26 januari tot 1 februari is het gedichtenweek. Daarom deel ik hier graag een gedicht uit een boekje dat ik een jaar geleden, tijdens gedichtenweek, kocht. 

From BOOK LOVER

cover van het boekje From books and libraries waar dit gedicht uit komtI keep collecting books I know
I'll never, never read;
My wife and daughter tell me so,
An yet I never heed.
'Please make me,' says some wistful tome,
'A wee bit of yourself'.
And so I take my treasure home,
And tuck it in a shelf

And now my very shelves complain;
They jam and over-spill.
They say: 'Why don't you ease our strain?'
'Some day,' I say, 'I will'.
So book by book they plead an sigh;
I pick and dip and scan;
Then put them back, distrest that I
Am such a busy man

Robert Service

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten